A lot of people look forward to the new year because it’s like starting a new chapter in a book. You’re about to finish one chapter and — on New Year’s Day — you’ll be eager to begin another.
Looking at it another way, that new chapter is full of blank pages – ready for you to write your own story.
In fact, you may have several hopes and dreams for 2022 and maybe some ambitious goals, too. Whatever your plans, I want you to know that you can reach out to me anytime you need real estate advice or help.
I’ll also continue to keep you up-to-date on the latest real estate news and insights. So, anytime you have questions, contact me. I can get you the answers you need.
If we don’t get a chance to chat before the year’s end, let me take this opportunity to say, “Thank you for the privilege of staying in touch with you. The blank pages of your 2022 chapter await. I hope you fill them with wonderful experiences!”
5 Ways to Re-Energize in Just 5 Minutes
December tends to be a busy month for most people. It’s all-too-easy to feel drained and even burned-out.
Unfortunately, you may not have the luxury of time to relax with a good book or go to a yoga class. So, with that in mind, here are some proven ways to quickly unwind and boost your energy:
- Take a short walk. Scientists say your body will often de-stress significantly after just a 12-minute stroll.
- Drink a glass of water. Dehydration, which can come on without you realizing it, can quickly lead to fatigue and tension.
- Do something completely different. Often, if you completely remove yourself from a situation or activity, even for just a few minutes, you’ll come back feeling better. So, take a moment for yourself!
- Breathe and stretch. It’s almost impossible to feel tense after a few deep breaths and some stretching exercises. In fact, that’s where the urge to yawn and stretch comes from. It’s your body’s way of boosting energy!
- Write it down. If you’re worried or frustrated about something, writing it down will feel like deflating that balloon of stress. Taking it off your shoulders and onto paper will put the concern into perspective.
Try one of these tips the next time you feel overwhelmed.
Showcase your Home With the Right Lighting
The top retail store chains invest heavily in creating just the right lighting to make their products look great. Why? They know that lighting makes a measureable difference to sales.
The same is true when you sell your home. Lighting can make a big difference in the impression your home has on buyers.
There are two types of light sources, manufactured and natural. You need to consider both when staging your home for sale.
Think about the mood you want to create in each room. For example, you might want the kitchen to seem bright and alive. If yours isn’t quite like that, check whether you are using the highest wattage light bulbs suitable for your fixtures. Also, look for ways to bring in more sunshine. Switching curtains for blinds might do the trick.
In the living room, you might want a cozier feel. That can be accomplished by using lamps that cast a softer and gentler light than more imposing overhead fixtures.
Pay particular attention to dimly lit rooms in your home, including nooks and crannies. Even adding small track lighting to a pantry cupboard can make the space seem brighter and more inviting. Check that lighting is adequate in the garage and walk-in closets too.
Finally, make sure all lights in your home work during viewings. Have spare bulbs available in case one burns out. You don’t want a buyer to try to turn on a light and discover it’s not working.
Leverage the Power of “Done” to Achieve Goals
During a marathon, organizers typically set up signs along the route to indicate distances completed. For example, one might say, “You’ve just finished 4K!” They do that for two reasons: to let runners know where they are; and, to motivate them.
Why are these signs motivational? They give runners an ongoing sense of accomplishment. The runners have “finished” a certain section of the marathon. They’ve reached a milestone. That part is done! As a result, they feel inspired to continue on.
You may feel the same way when you finish a project or task. Energized!
You can use this phenomenon to help you reach your 2022 goals. If you have a big goal, you can divide it into specific milestones that will give you that motivating sense of completion. Say, for example, you want to lose weight. Your milestones might include:
- Make a nutritional eating plan.
- Find a weight loss buddy to share the journey.
- Lose your first 5 pounds.
As you check off each milestone, you’ll become motivated to take on the next. Give this technique a try in the new year!
Don’t hesitate to reach out with any real estate questions you have.
iPro Realty Ltd., Brokerage